Friday 29 November 2019

Unity Free Tutorials

Making Progress

Through my endeavor to find Unity tutorials to help me with the scripting of my game I came across a channel that had a playlist of videos that really help kick start my progress after finally resolving the issue I had been having with my camera position. 

Th videos helped me to make my units selectable though the three  different methods commonly used in RTS games, that being click for a single unit, drag select for a large group and shift click specific units from a group. The tutorials also helped me set up markers to indicate what units are selected and which units aren't.

Screenshot of play test of game

3 comments:

  1. Hi Oisin!

    Great to see your game coming along nicely! Can't wait to see those models shooting at each other in the future. As of right now, you should clean up any bugs or inconsistencies in the code. By the end of that if you any any spare time, you can try implmenting either the AI to make the Units shoot eachother upon entering their sight, capture objectives or Unit productions.

    This is just what I think, but I think you don't need to worry about implementing the "Direct Control" mechanic from Men of War for the time being. Judging by the time we have left and all the work from other assignment, its best that you focus your time doing one feature at a time. If things go well and you have some spare time, add those features in, no problem!

    Anyway, good luck on your project!
    Have a nice day!

    -Zhen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Oisin,

    Your game looks great so far! Glad to hear you found a page that helped you with the scripting! I'll definitely have a look at it as I find writing the script super hard. I can't wait to see your game when it's finished. Best of luck with the rest!!

    -LM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oisin,

    Your game is coming along amazing! That scripting is the worst thing about Unity my head was gone trying to do it. If your struggling anymore you should look at the asset store they normally have scripts even just to look on how to do it correctly.

    Great work cant wait to see it next week !
    good luck
    jen

    ReplyDelete

S2 Unity Tutorial 6

Animation  The tutorial for week six is all on animation. Animation being a big part of a lot of games is a very useful thing to know how...