Thursday 14 November 2019

Unity Free Tutorials

Free Unity Tutorials:

This week we weren't given Unity tutorials to do, instead we had to go and find some of our own to help us with our projects of making our first game (unless others have already made a game then it would be their first). Anyway back on track I found two Unity tutorials one of which helps me while the second would have the ability to help everyone trying to use animations. 

How to make RTS Camera Movement in Unity:

So as I stated in one of my previous posts I have decide to try my hand at making a Real Time Strategy game. These games have a some what unique camera angle as they are almost always in a top down format meaning that the camera is constantly looking down on the map the angle of this view can be change slightly with scrolling and panning but retain the top down aspect. These games have you directing units by clicking where they need to go or attack. this makes the cursor the controller for the game and I needed a way to create this in Unity and thanks one of my classmates who gave me a link to a video showing how to do this I was able to make my own, so thank you.

Import Mixamo Characters to Unity 2017:

The second tutorial I watched was on how to animate a character model which had been confusing me quite a lot since I downloaded an asset pack that came with animations. I  tried to simply drag and drop the animation file onto the model but it would work and after trying a few more times with varies methods I gave up and took a break from that, but after watching the tutorial I got my character models to go from T-posing to stand normally. I figure this tutorial may help anyone also struggling with animating models.

No more T-posing


1 comment:

  1. Hello again Oisin, I just read through your games first playable and I really think it looks rather cool. I think your addition of the colour change of your soldiers to be green, reminds me of those little army men that the cat will always swallow up. I think the animation you have done for the soldier is really cool. hope all goes well in the future.

    ReplyDelete

S2 Unity Tutorial 6

Animation  The tutorial for week six is all on animation. Animation being a big part of a lot of games is a very useful thing to know how...