Monday 21 October 2019

Game Vision Statement

Game Vision Statement

Introduction:
For my game project i have decided to try and make a game in one of the genres that i play personally. At first i thought I would Just focus on the to main genres i play that being shooters and hack 'n' slash games. after some consideration i figured i might try something a little more unique and try a Real Time Strategy.

Genre: Real Time Strategy 
A real Time Strategy game pits two or more factions against each other to achieve an objective from eliminating the enemy faction to capturing a point. Examples of Real Time Strategy games can be found here.

Gameplay: 
In a Real Time Strategy game a player must collect resources and build up an army. The resources are used to build and upgrade bases, defenses, units and anything else that the game may have that needs to be purchased. The player often starts with one or two small units that can be used to go and collect resources or find the enemy.the game is over when the player completes the objective, loses all their bases or the objective is destroyed. Movement in a Real Time Strategy game is done by hovering the cursor over a particular unit and clicking on it to select it or group selecting units and clicking where you want them to move to, interacting with in game objects is done in the same way as moving units only when you select an intractable object it will often give you an option as to what action to preform. To stop selecting something in a Real Time Strategy all that needs to be done is to click anything that isn't intractable. 

Platforms: 
Platforms are the system on which the game is played. Real Time Strategy games are on the three major platforms PlayStation, Xbox and PC, however they are more often played on PC. 

005 Ardennes2
Company of Heroes (image found at strategygamer.com)


5 comments:

  1. Hi Comrade Oisin !

    I really like your game idea ! I really like how you want to do a real time strategy, even though I'm more of a turned based strategy gamer myself. It'clear from your blog that you really like RT strategy game but you don't go into detail about your game, so what is your game other than an RT strategy game ?

    I don't know what your game is about so I can't visualize it. What if it was set in WW1 or during the medieval era ? I can't think of many games that lets me controls 100 knights with swords at once, maybe it could be historical war like the War of the Bucket ? Yes, that was an actual war.

    You could also be completely fictional like i don't know Human vs Aliens ? (Hint hint wink wink)

    I can't wait to read your blog in the future !

    Y.I.S/ Your fellow Comrade,
    Sarah H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey again Oisín!

    I think this game sounds so cool and fun to play. It feels like its gonna be one of those games and really gets your adrenaline pumping. Call me a non gamer but the first thing it reminded me of was capture the flag.
    Brought back memories of laser guns and rolling down hills in camo suits

    I cant wait to see how your game turns out!!

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Oisín!

    I really like your game idea as it's something that is different to what most of us are doing. I am a fan of these types of games so I would definitely like to see how your game turns out once you are finished. For now though it's cool to see how much thought you are putting into it. What are some of the games you are looking at the most to help you think of ideas for your own game? I see you added an image of Company of Heroes so that definitely helped give me a good idea of what you have in your mind. I am looking forward to seeing your game develop and to read more of your blogs!

    -Dylan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Oisin,

    I love your game idea! Real Time Strategy games are a genre I'm not all too familiar with- so I'm looking forward to learning about it and experiencing it through your blogs and game development. It's also very unique in terms of game genres and concepts in the class, so it definitely stands out!

    Looking forward to seeing your development!
    - Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there Oisin, I have just read through you game vision for your game and it looks really good. I don't play too many RTS games myself but I am definitely aware how they work due to extensive viewings of my friends playthroughs of XCOM. I like the idea of how you can build your army bases and also the capturing the enemy base angle is pretty cool. I hope your game idea works out for you in the end.

    ReplyDelete

S2 Unity Tutorial 6

Animation  The tutorial for week six is all on animation. Animation being a big part of a lot of games is a very useful thing to know how...