Thursday 26 September 2019

Growth Mindset

Growth Mindset 

Image taken from YouTube as a screenshot with video title displayed 


Growth Mindset is the mindset that skill, knowledge and ability is something that can be enhanced through challenges. This concept of this mindset was proposed by Carol Dweck. While the tterm growth mindset sounds familiar to me I, until recently, knew very little if any thing at all about it. I discovered Carol Dweck and more information about Growth Mindset through the internet, more specifically through YouTube. In the video I found Carol Dweck was giving a TED talk regarding modern education. In regards to the growth mindset I would feel that I fall more into the growth mindset than I do the fixed mindset. For me I find than I'm more of a practical learner and feel I learn best by simply doing than studying. As I am a student the growth mindset is incredibly relevant to me as I am still learning new skills. In this particular semester I am looking forward to my multimedia development module as the subject covered in this module falls well in line with my personal interests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

S2 Unity Tutorial 6

Animation  The tutorial for week six is all on animation. Animation being a big part of a lot of games is a very useful thing to know how...